Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hello from Germany

Well I made it!! I am here in Dortmund now staying with my third cousins, but they are so fabulous!!! Before getting here, on my day of arrival it was probably the longest day of my life. 10 hours on the plane (but i had a whole row to myself because there was 120 empty seats...i know crazy!) so that was at least good. When i got to Frankfurt I met Julia we had breakfast and then we left for Dortmund, 4 hours on the train and then we finally arrived. That night we went and saw Sex and the City in German...hilarious, but for some reason I didn't get all the humour.... but anyway I have already learned so much..........speaking german not so much, but knowing that it cost money to go to the bathroom in train stations, that as crazy as it is the Japanese people here speak German not Japanese, it sounds so funny and that wiener schitzel is officially my favourite food. Today we are going to our aunt's school to talk about Canada and then we are going to visit this small village and go on a boat and I actually don't know what else, but it is just so great being here doing what the locals do and experiencing what other people do. I love it here and I have hardly seen anything yet. But I love you all and I will keep you all posted.
So don't worry, I haven't been robbed and I am safe:)
talk to you in a few
Carolyn xox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you watched Sex and the City with no substitles!! I promise to buy you a copy - in English - when you get home! Can't wait to hear more stories! Travel safe xox
PS Please have a weiner schnitzel for me!

Jennifer Friedman said...

Glad to hear your safe....can't wait for some pictures!!